Launched in 2013, Tech Bytes is technology blog that focuses on industry trends in the mobile computing space. It's a small operation and the site is maintained is operated by Erik Christiansen.
If you have comments or suggestions, please send them via email. You can also follow Tech Bytes on social media
All Tech Bytes content
I'm originally from Canada's California - Vancouver Island. I can still smell that ocean air...
My longtime interest in politics led me to the world of academe. I completed a Bachelor of Arts majoring in International Relations at the University of British Columbia. My fascination with information technology and higher education led me to the University of Alberta where I did my Master of Library and Information Studies. Currently, I work as an Assistant Professor / Librarian at Mount Royal University, where I teach information literacy, do research, and have fun with my colleagues.
Hobbies and Interests:
- Usability for mobile and wearable devices
- Web and app development (JS, Swift, HTML, CSS)
- Open educational resources and open access publishing
- Wrist watch collecting (it's a problem)
- Playing my Fender Stratocaster
- Drawing and painting (watercolour)
- Voracious reader of political history, current events, technology, community and culture, brain science, society, design, business and commerce, science fiction, westerns, mysteries, classics
Jennifer Evaniew ~ Contributor
I’m a born and raised Edmontonian who has never gotten used to the cold weather and partakes with the locals in complaining about it. I attended the University of Alberta where I received my Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, earning a double major in English and the History of Art, Design and Visual Culture. I later completed a dual Master of Library and Information Studies and Master of Business Administration.
Currently, I work as a Research Analyst for Chatterson Drive - a market research, marketing, and consulting firm in Calgary, Alberta.
Projects and Interests:
- Market research
- Marketing and communications
- Writing and copy editing
- Information and records management
- Yoga, walking, biking and stair running
- Attending art, culture and design “happenings”
- Travelling within Canada and abroad
- Origami folding and drawing
- Reader of slice of life fiction, marketing and business trends, technology, community and culture